Funding and Reimbursement
Funding is a challenging aspect to navigate. It can be hard to understand, get the right information or know the right kinds of questions to ask. We’ve assembled a list of key questions you can ask a provider, clinician or medical equipment dealer. Take these questions with you for your discussions, jot down notes and refer back to them throughout your journey.
Good questions to ask
- How will the custom seating be paid for?
- Will my insurance cover it? All or part?
- Will my insurance cover any modifications or revisions to the system?
- What if my loved one’s condition changes and they need a different system, who will fund this?
- Which medical equipment companies will the insurers work with? Will the best/ more experienced staff be supported?
- What impact does this have on the need for alternate vehicles for my family?
- Who pays for any repairs?